Main Article Content
Research has been conducted on the extraction of cocor bebek leaves using organic solvents with various levels of solvent polarity. This is done to obtain which solvent has a corrosion inhibitor activity in the hydrochloric acid environment, where five fractions are obtained, namely n-hexane, ethyl acetate, acetone, acetic acid, and methanol. Based on quantitative analysis of cocor bebek leaf extract in variations in the polarity of solvents using a spectrophotometer with a wavelength of 511nm. The flavonoid content in cocor bebek leaf extract produced using acetone solvent showed the highest yield. Corrosion rate of carbon steel in 0.1M HCl solution; 0.05M; 0.01M with the addition of cocor bebek leaf extract decreased as the concentration of extract increased and reached the lowest decrease in the addition of extracts in acetone solvent around 200 ppm with a corrosion rate of 42.18 mpy in 0.1M HCl solution and at an increase in extract concentration there was a decrease does not show a significant reduction in corrosion rate. For 0.05M HCl solution and 0.01m concentration showed a decrease in corrosion rate until the addition of 1500 ppm extract. The results of the extract using acetone solvent showed the corrosion rate of carbon steel in 0.1M HCl solution; 0.05M; and 0.01M lower than the extract results with other solvents (ethyl acetate, methanol, and 5% acetic acid).
Author are free to:
- Share— copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt— remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution— Author must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- ShareAlike— If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
- No additional restrictions— You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rightsmay limit how you use the material.