Main Article Content
Chlorophyll and carotenoids are antioxidant compounds that are very potential. Both of these compounds are found in many vegetables. This research aims to determine the levels of chlorophyll and carotenoids in mustard (Brassica) leaves. There were three types of mustard leaves tested, namely greens mustard (Brassica rapa I.), white mustard (Brassica juncea L.) and pakcoy (Brassica rapa L.). Analysis of samples by the Uv-Vis Spectrophotometry method. The results of the measurement of chlorophyll levels showed that pakcoy (Brassica rapa L.) had the highest chlorophyll level which was 86,76 mg/g. While the lowest chlorophyll level is found in the type of white mustard which is equal to 0,75 mg/g. From the three of the mustard tested, green mustard (Brassica rapa I.) and pakcoy (Brassica rapa L.) were mustard types that contained high carotenoids in the amount of 50,4 mg/g and 198,04 mg/g. While the type of white mustard (Brassica juncea L.) has the lowest carotenoid content for all preparations.
Author are free to:
- Share— copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt— remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution— Author must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- ShareAlike— If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
- No additional restrictions— You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rightsmay limit how you use the material.