Main Article Content
Geothermal energy depends on volcanic regions or plate subduction. Indonesia has geothermal potential due to the meeting of 3 (three) large plates. North Sulawesi is one of the areas located in the ring of fire. Some areas in the Minahasa Regency, North Sulawesi province, were targeted for research because they have manifestations of geothermal such as hot pools, steaming ground, mud pools, and other manifestations. The research location is divided into 3 (three) locations around the Lahendong geothermal area, namely the Lahendong pine forest, the Toraget hot air area, and the hot springs in the village of Totolan. The results of sample and ploting tests in ternary diagrams show that all three geothermal manifestations have sulfuric acid type fluids. This type of geothermal fluid has a high SO4 content, while HCO3 and Cl values are low. Hot springs that have a type of sulfuric acid occur in active volcanic regions. This is supported by the lithology of three areas of manifestation which are composed of basalt resulting from volcanic rocks.
Author are free to:
- Share— copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt— remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution— Author must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- ShareAlike— If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
- No additional restrictions— You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rightsmay limit how you use the material.